Melt and Pour Soaps From SFIC
After some research, I chose SFIC melt and pour soap bases. The end of the blog has an excerpt from their website. I've anticipated some questions you may have, and have answered them below.
Why "cheat" and use a commercial soap base?
- Commercial melt and pour soap bases offer soap crafters the ability to create a variety of custom soaps without the long cure time necessary for homemade soap.
- It makes doing small, custom batches a lot easier!
- It works well with detailed silicone molds for unique designs.
How can soaps be customized?
- There are a variety of bases. Scentual Serenity currently stocks aloe, buttermilk, cocoa butter, hemp seed oil, goat milk, honey, oatmeal, propylene glycol free, shea butter, and also basic clear or white soap.
- Fragrance, color, and shape. There may be some limitations with color, as some fragrance oils and soap bases are not clear.
- Additives such as clays, seeds, or botanical extracts can give the soap that little extra something special.
What are the basic ingredients in SFIC's melt and pour soap?
- Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Safflower Oil, Glycerin (kosher, of vegetable origin), Purified Water, Sodium Hydroxide (saponifying agent), Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol (made from vegetable glycerine), Sorbitan Oleate (emulsifier), Oat Protein, Titanium Dioxide (mineral whitener used in opaque soap).
Taken from SFIC's Website (sficcorp.com):
Finest quality glycerin soap made the old-fashioned way and adjusted for crafters' use. "As natural as we can make it."
Fine Natural Vegetable Oil Recipe*
We purchase Palm Oil from companies that comply with RSPO.
20% Kosher Glycerin added in most bases
No Animal Testing
No Animal Products*
No SLS or SLES are used in any of our soaps or bases
We purchase food grade oils (originating from plants) that are farmed by sustainable growers
Our raw materials are Non GMO
Made in Concord CA USA for over 45 years
*EXCLUDING STOCKED GOAT’S MILK, PALM FREE AND SOME CUSTOM BASES
**EXCLUDING STOCKED SHAVING SOAP BASE AND SOME CUSTOM BASES